Tuesday, March 4, 2008

American Idol

http://www.celebritymound.com/?p=9875

Bono has been lined up to headline the second annual American Idol charity concert, set to air in the US on April 9th.

According to Variety, the U2 frontman will be joined by a host of stars for the Idol Gives Back show, which raises money for under-privileged children.

Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie is to take part, as well as Snoop Dogg, Annie Lennox and Mariah Carey.

Teen star Miley Cyrus - the face behind the hugely-successful Hannah Montana phenomenon - will also perform as will American Idol season four winner Carrie Underwood and ex-contestant Chris Daughtry.

And US network Fox has unveiled more of the star-studded lineup for the 2008 show, with actors Brad Pitt and Reese Witherspoon signed on to appear as well as NFL greats Peyton and Eli Manning.

While last year’s show - which earned $76 million for charity - was split between the American Idol soundstage in Hollywood and the Disney Concert Hall, this year’s event will move from the latter to the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, the regular venue for the Academy awards.

The inaugural Idol Gives Back show in 2007 was hosted by Ellen DeGeneres and featured a glittering collection of A-list stars, including Gwyneth Paltrow; Hugh Grant; Keira Knightley; Dame Helen Mirren; Emily Blunt; Hugh Laurie; Matt Damon; Forest Whitaker; and former winner Kelly Clarkson.


I more or less knew what to expect from Ingrid Michaelson since I've seen her perform at least 4 times already but I wasn't expecting that one song and what I heard from David Ford and Matthew Perryman Jones. Lets just say they had the audience swooning including myself.

David Ford is someone to watch for – the man has some crazy talent. I listened to a few songs before going to the show and his recorded music does not convey what the man can do on stage; he's the modern one man band. He does crazy playback by sampling his voice with different mikes then layering it with piano, guitar and harmonica. He literally runs around the stage. I get confused watching him do it all but damn it sounds good. He also sounds good when he speaks as all the women can't help but swoon over his English accent, from England that is.

Matthew Perryman Jones is better than Bono. This guy has the Bono feel to him but he's far surpasses him in quality – his voice is smoother and the sound is more refined, Bono 2.0. Listen to "Refuge" and you will be singing his praises and saying the same thing. When he sang "Save You", I wanted to know where it was on the album I just bought. That's one catchy song that will soon be played everywhere and either you'll love it or drive you crazy like James Blunt. It wasn't there. I have to wait for the next album to come out or go to iTunes.

Of course, I went to see Ingrid Michaelson who is beyond adorable. She was so endearing, the giant teddybear bouncer who was also her bodyguard for the evening, bought a cd. It was good to see her do a whole set finally. I like her but she never really won me over until this show with her version of Radiohead's "Creep". I had a feeling she had a dark side (check out her boots) but not until this song did I realize. That was the best version I had ever heard. Her voice was perfect for this song – her voice was like a knife ripping through my heart. I was speechless. I want to see more edgy Michaelson than sweet.

As for really cute, it was Michaelson's sidekick Allie Moss' birthday. Keep in mind these girls are American, from "Joisey" not too far from us and this was their first time in Canada. So, getting happy birthday sung to you in french is a nifty gift. The bonus for the boyfriends who got dragged out that night was the chest grab – Ingrid Michaelson grabs Allie Moss' hands and shakes them around and then pulls them to her boobies. ( I can't believe I just said "boobies". :) ) Michaelson does that to me; brings out the girliness hidden deep within
http://bradpittweb.com/?p=115

No comments: