Friday, February 8, 2008

Sightings of Bono





Cool clip...thanks for posting it.

I'm a fan since I was 11 ('81).

U2 has been the soundtrack to my life.
That line has become a cliche' but it's true.

I can't say enough great things about them but although I've seen them Sooo many times since '85, I found that The (ATYCLB) Elevation Tour in 2001 was very Spiritual and the Vertigo Tour while very good was more on the Political side.


I don't know the story behind the film, but what it spoke of to me is the way we can be touched by people we don't even know, they can even enter our dreams. But in the end it's not about them - its about us, what they represent about our own longings. Didn't it seem significant that once the character actually met him, she no longer needed the book, and he no longer haunted the perimeters of her life as he had? It wasn't really about him after all and she had come back home to herself. IMO.

No comments: